Company: SAN MANUEL INDIAN BINGO & CASINO
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Reporting to the Purchasing Manager, the Sourcing Specialist is
responsible for procurement of goods and services in addition to
ongoing category management and supplier performance management
that requires a moderate degree of experience, knowledge, and
professionalism. The Sourcing Specialist is responsible for a spend
portfolio of goods and services required for successful Casino and
Tribal operations. Activities include creating spend analysis,
RFI/RFP/RFQ cycles, supplier negotiations, trade and
professional/personal services contracting and driving supplier
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Represent Procurement Services in the development of RFI/RFP/RFQ
packages for enterprise-wide needs, supplier assessment criteria
Solicit bids and proposals, conduct pre-bid meetings, evaluate
and analyze supplier responses (including complex supplier
proposals), negotiate and contract with selected suppliers as
appropriate. Arrange and conduct job walks, pre-bid or proposal
conferences, vendor demonstrations and/or interviews for products
Uphold sourcing strategies based on product/service volume and
spend, departmental needs and expiring contracts. Generate category
spend reports, supplier score cards and coordinate/conduct supplier
business reviews on behalf of San Manuel as needed. Processes all
Procurement transactions in compliance with established laws,
ordinances, policies and ethical principles.
Assist end users with the development of specifications to
ensure product and service needs are well-defined and quality
standards are met.
Identify and realize cost-saving and cost-reduction
opportunities, building a culture of long-term savings on
procurement costs without compromising supply assurance or
Arrange and conduct job walks, pre-bid or proposal conferences,
vendor demonstrations and/or interviews for products or services.
Prepare bid summarizations and make recommendations to upper
Collaborate with Logistics and AP to eliminate inefficiencies in
the supply chain, reducing total costs, and increasing
productivity. Work with user departments- as well as vendors and
manufacturers to consolidate product lines and obtain contracted
pricing, allowances and rebates.
Build and maintain vendor relationships in order to gather
feedback, understand issues, recognize opportunities, and influence
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the efficient
operation of the department.
- Bachelors degree (or equivalent related experience)
- Minimum of two (2) years related experience in a similar
- Must have strong organizational, customer service, and
- Ability to work cross-functionally, and seek guidance when
required in a customer-centric environment.
- On the job experience negotiating supplier contracts and
supplier performance management preferred.
- Positive communications skill, high energy level, continuous
improvement mindset, and a sense of urgency are all integral to the
- Ability to leverage data and analytics to generate business
cases in support of quantity buy decisions
- Excellent team interpersonal skills and ability to handle
multiple sourcing assignments while providing superior
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and working knowledge of P2P
- Knowledge of casino/gaming industry, suppliers, cost drivers a
- Equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant
and direct experience may be considered in lieu of minimum
educational/experience requirements indicated above.
- Certification as a Public Purchasing Buyer (CPPB), Accredited
Purchasing Practitioner (A.P.P), or Certified Professional
Purchaser (CPP) preferred.
- A qualified candidate/employee must have a valid driver's
license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the
company's insurance carrier.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission
you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will
make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans
with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire,
San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of
its employees. Join our team today!
Keywords: SAN MANUEL INDIAN BINGO & CASINO, Highland , Sourcing Specialist, Other , Highland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!