The Executive Assistant provides high-level administrative and
professional support to Human Resources executive team members.
This position enhances the effectiveness of these executives by
executing a variety of complex administrative duties requiring
sensitivity and discretion. The Executive Assistant is a seasoned
professional who maintains poise in fast-paced situations and is
required to use independent judgment and initiative in the
planning, organization and performance of confidential and time
sensitive administrative assignments.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Plans, schedules and organizes the executives Outlook
calendar and related business activities; coordinates day-to-day
activities, manages schedule conflicts and challenges, and provides
daily itineraries. Works closely and effectively with the
executives keeping them well informed of upcoming commitments and
responsibilities, following up appropriately.
2. Processes, files and tracks documents for executives, e.g.,
expense reports, check requests, and credit card reconciliation, if
applicable. Collaborates with the Human Resources Operations team
for proper processing of billing and contracts requiring executive
involvement. Ensures accuracy of invoices, contracts and HR
3. Serves as a diplomatic gatekeeper that effectively filters
both internal and external calls, visitors and other inquiries.
Manages flow of information through the Executive Administrative
Manager, maintaining confidentiality at all times. Acts as a
liaison for all visitors to meet with Executives in Human
Resources, including contacting and escorting as needed.
4. Prepares information, composes and proofreads for highly
accurate correspondence, memoranda, reports, letters, forms and
presentations as directed, including all supporting documents,
charts, spreadsheets, etc.
5. Resolves obstacles to success through clear plans of action
and uses innovative problem solving and critical thinking
approaches to recommend solutions. Follows up with appropriate
management on pending information and requests.
6. Ensures project objectives are met by monitoring and
measuring progress; coordinates the people and resources necessary
to implement plans. Manages administrative projects, ensuring
on-time completion and accuracy of information.
7. Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient
operation of the department.
- A High School diploma or GED is required.
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration is preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years progressive administrative support
experience required. Executive office experience is a plus.
- Equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant
and direct experience may be considered in lieu of minimum
educational/experience requirements indicated above.
- Experience working in a professional environment where
confidentiality, initiative, sound business judgment, attention to
detail, and a flexible and adaptable approach are valued.
- Ability to perform efficiently in a fast paced, high demand
- Ability to prioritize deadlines, organize a diversified
workload, and recommend office process improvements as
- Extensive experience managing calendars for multiple
individuals and determining the priority of meeting requests and
- Exceptional verbal and interpersonal communication skills,
grammar, business writing, and editing, proofreading, and
presentation preparation skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite of Products specifically Word,
Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Experience with internet web navigation, applications and
acquaintance with other business software.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission,
you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- Must possess a valid drivers license with acceptable driving
record as determined by the insurance carrier.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will
make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans
with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire,
San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of
its employees. Join our team today!