The IT Provisioning Analyst will be responsible for processing
all aspects of account creation/deactivation and user access
requests at San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and other
tribal-owned properties. This position requires an understanding of
user access mechanisms and proficiency in the use of various
provisioning tools. This position will regularly interact with
internal customers that include end-users, management, and HR thus
requiring excellent customer service skills. Success means being
highly organized, self-motivated, detail-oriented and
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Provision and de-provision user access rights on various
information systems. Assist with multi-factor authentication and
VPN supported technologies.
2. Manage incidents and requests related to all aspects of
provisioning responsibilities. Troubleshoot account creation,
access, transfer issues.
3. Provide support functions related to verification of end-user
security. Execute audits and adhere to all IT and InfoSec policies
4. Assist in the design, maintenance, and integrity of the
role-based access structure.
5. Assist in documenting, analyzing, and streamlining
application account provisioning processes.
6. Contribute to maintaining provisioning team dashboard with
executive-level reporting on KPI's, SLA's and other relevant
metrics on workload, trends, account tracking and issues. Recommend
areas of improvement.
8. Assist in creating, reviewing and updating a How-To knowledge
base of provisioning processes.
9. Participate in projects and tasks related to
provisioning/deprovisioning as required
10. Perform other duties as assigned to support the efficient
operation of the department.
* Associate's degree in Computer Science or related field and at
least two (2) years of relevant IT work experience required. * Two
(2) or more years of IT Service Desk/IT Customer Support experience
* An equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant
and direct experience may be considered in lieu of minimum
educational/experience requirements indicated above. * Experience
with Identity and Access Management controls, principles, methods
and related regulatory obligations * Excellent customer service and
troubleshooting skills * Experience working in Casino or Gaming
industry is preferred. * Ability to communication effectively to
all levels of the San Manuel organization. * Critical thinking
skills to troubleshoot problems quickly, under time constraints,
with interruptions all while resolving issues and request in a
timely manner * Highly self-motivated and directed. * Keen
attention to detail. * Proven analytical and problem-solving
abilities. * Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in
a high-pressure environment. * Exceptional customer service
orientation. * Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative
environment. * Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal
communication skills are required * Knowledge and proficiency in
Microsoft Office products * Adherence to punctuality with excellent
time management skills
* At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission,
you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will
make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans
with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire,
San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of
its employees. Join our team today!