Revenue Audit Supervisor
Company: SAN MANUEL INDIAN BINGO & CASINO
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The Revenue Audit Supervisor is responsible for all areas
relating to the Casino Audit section of Accounting. The incumbent
supervises the Casino Audit department to ensure the accurate
recording, verifying, allocating, and posting of transactions
according to generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and
established policies and procedures. The Revenue Audit Supervisor
directly oversees the Audit Staff. The Revenue Audit Supervisor is
responsible for managing the team to ensure that work is properly
allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner. This
position assists the Manager of Operations in ensuring compliance
with the Nation Indian Gaming Commission's Minimum Internal Control
Standard (NIGC's MICS) and the San Manuel Gaming Commission
Regulations (GCR) requirements.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Possesses a thorough understanding of state and federal
regulations as they relate to Tribal gaming operations
- Supervises the Audit Staff to ensure that the operations of the
revenue cycle is audited and analyzed, and coaches and mentors
audit team for professional development.
- Performs final review of daily, weekly, and monthly table games
and slots statistical reports. Investigates and documents the
findings, and prepares a report on any large or unusual statistical
fluctuations and variances in the theoretical hold percentage for
the Gaming Commission and for gaming operations management.
- Determines the sample methods to be used in conducting the
coin-in meter testing and testing for EPROM and game software
changes. Evaluates and reports on the results of the testing for
- Ensures that all slot machines data is properly recorded and in
compliance with NIGC MICS requirements and meets with and assists
gaming operations management to resolve problems found during
investigations of variances.
- Establishes and tailors audit programs and testing procedures
to ensure they are appropriate for the audit processes being
performed while maintaining a high level of accuracy and
- Responsible for maintaining constant and effective
communication with other departments regarding changes in the
- Responsible for overseeing the preparation of training
schedules, coordination of the training, and execution of the
training plan to new and existing audit staff as needed.
- Establishes databases of pertinent information for use in
analyzing future plans and forecasts.
- Quarterly, analyzes multi-game/multi-denominational meter
readings to ensure compliance of the theoretical hold percentage in
accordance with the NIGC MICS requirements.
- Develop appropriate solutions to enhance and integrate with
other Financial, Operational, and Information Technology
- Practices excellent written and verbal communication with other
departments and management
- Participates in the limited weekend duty rotation
- Performs additional duties as assigned to support the efficient
operation of the department
The Revenue Audit Supervisor carries out supervisory
responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and
applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees,
planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance;
interviewing candidates; rewarding and disciplining employees;
addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required. (Business
degree with a concentration in Accounting or Finance from an
accredited college or university preferred).
- MBA degree and/or CPA preferred.
- Minimum three (3) years' work experience and/or training in
Audit, Accounting, Fraud, Risk, Compliance, or other professional
investigative or risk-based experience required.
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
(GAAP), Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS), National
Indian Gaming Commission Minimum Internal Controls (MICS), the
Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission
- Employee must have experience demonstrating the utmost
discretion and confidentiality as they will have access to private
information such as Social Security Numbers, credit cards, personal
data or financial data from colleagues, personnel or
- Knowledge of Title 31 Banking Secrecy Act Regulations
- Strong ability to use data extraction and data analysis
techniques in MS Excel to support audits and sampling within the
- Strong ability to employ a proactive approach to problem
solving and overall execution of job responsibilities
- Strong ability to respond to common inquiries or concerns from
internal and external customers.
- Must have excellent organizational skills and be able to
present Casino reports in a cohesive and intelligent manner.
- Excellent ability to communicate one-on-one and to groups to
explain policies, procedures, and processes to maintain
understanding and communication of a specific opinion or
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
with the ability to communicate effectively to all levels of
- Must be independent and must not have any direct relatives
associated in the functioning of the gaming operations and/or
- Strong knowledge of accounting software, database software and
casino Operating Systems preferred.
- Must possess intermediate computer skills and intermediate user
level proficiency in all Microsoft Office Applications, with
emphasis on Excel.
- Must be able to provide technical and leadership support to
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission
you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license
- Must possess a current and valid Driver's License with an
acceptable driving record as determined by the Company's insurance
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will
make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans
with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire,
San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of
its employees. Join our team today!
Keywords: SAN MANUEL INDIAN BINGO & CASINO, Highland , Revenue Audit Supervisor, Other , Highland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!