Company: SAN MANUEL INDIAN BINGO & CASINO
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The Payroll Supervisor supervises payroll specialists. The
incumbent plans, coordinates, and supervises the analysis,
development, and implementation of new and revised policies and
procedures of payroll to improve the efficiency of the services
including but not limited to financial, retirement, legal, payroll
related expenditures, and posting into the general ledger.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversees and evaluates the work of the Payroll Specialists in
developing and maintaining payroll processing data records to
insure proper documentation and compliance with laws, rules, and
- Reviews existing documents and develops new practices,
transactions, procedures, and reports related to the
responsibilities of the payroll team as they relate to
- Coordinates with HRIS, Benefits, Human Resources, Personnel and
General Ledger Accounting, and other departments on procedural
controls impacting payroll processes, for the purpose of developing
more efficient systems.
- Collaborates with HRIS team on the development of system
requirements, process designs, detailed business activities, and
data mapping and modeling to support the maintenance of the payroll
accounting and financial processes.
- Assists HRIS team by identifying problems in the payroll system
and makes recommendations for problem prevention or solution.
- Analyzes union contracts to determine effect on payroll
processing and to recommend changes in payroll procedures and
records as necessary.
- Provides technical support, direction, and training to the
payroll section in implementation of changes.
- Develops and presents programs to provide training to time
keepers and other personnel regarding payroll procedures and
- Through the use of ad hoc reports, analyzes payroll data and
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the efficient
operation of the department.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities
include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning,
assigning reviewing and directing work; evaluating and appraising
performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing
complaints and resolving problems.
- AA or AS degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Human
- Minimum of five years of payroll experience in a fast pace and
high volume environment required.
- Minimum of five years' experience in an ERP payroll system
which includes report generation from the system required.
- Equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant
and direct experience may be considered in lieu of minimum
educational/experience requirements indicated above.
- Must have experience in a paperless environment.
- Must be able to accurately interpret state and federal
regulations and publications and apply them to the work
- An expert level in Excel is preferred.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission
you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- Payroll Practitioner Certification preferred.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will
make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans
with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire,
San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of
its employees. Join our team today!
Keywords: SAN MANUEL INDIAN BINGO & CASINO, Highland , Payroll Supervisor, Other , Highland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!