Compliance Technician I
Company: SAN MANUEL INDIAN BINGO & CASINO
Posted on: June 1, 2021
Under the direction of the Gaming Technical Supervisor, the
Gaming Compliance Technician I position will be responsible for
regulating all gaming devices within the jurisdiction of the SMTGC;
including slot machines, gaming peripherals, shuffling devices,
electronic table games devices, promotional kiosks, cash dispensing
units, server based games and gaming systems. The Gaming Compliance
Technician I position will perform jackpot verifications, technical
assessments, logic access and software inventory. They will also be
responsible for monitoring the gaming floor which includes
certifying gaming devices, performing technical analysis and taking
regulatory action as necessary to maintain strong regulatory
controls and compliance in the SMBMI's Jurisdiction.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure gaming devices available for commercial operation
contain certified hardware and software with verified software
installed. Safeguard gaming devices by sealing secured area(s),
confirm all locking mechanisms are engaged, and verify security
sensor(s) are operating as the manufacturer designed.
- Validate gaming devices and associated peripherals are set-up
and operating appropriately including confirming the correct
optioning, communication, paytable results, generation of
accounting records, validation of currency and instruments, display
of game rules, and input device labels match function.
- Partner with the Gaming Operation and vendors to expedite
gaming device projects, repairs, and investigations to find
legitimate solutions for maintaining a fully operational gaming
floor to support the Tribal Government's economic development
- Learn new technology, retain product knowledge, and maintain
regulatory oversight of technology, software, diagnostic menus,
game play, and platform features for all gaming products operating
in the SMBMI Jurisdiction.
- Observe and evaluate the Lead Slot Technicians, Cash Dispensing
Unit Technicians, Slot Management, and licensed vendor technicians;
ensure their actions are appropriate and prevent any influences on
- Respond to all jackpot winnings in excess of $100,000 within
ten minutes; perform software verification and determine legitimacy
of winnings without corrupting the evidence within 15 minutes.
- Research, investigate and document any unauthorized changes,
unusual trends, problems, revoked software and the overall
maintenance condition of gaming devices; update the team on all new
- Perform technical investigations into suspected malfunctions or
cheating activities related to gaming devices.
- Seize gaming devices when necessary, taking care not to corrupt
evidence or compromise the investigation; send devices to testing
labs for independent forensics.
- Review, examine, research and interpret technical standards,
product manuals, certification letters, Probability Accounting
Reports (PAR) sheets, game rules, product notices, revocation
alerts, wiring diagrams and design schematics; utilize information
to evaluate gaming devices in the SMBMI Jurisdiction for integrity,
security and fairness.
- Gather evidence and prepare technical assessment reports for
regulatory hearings, civil cases or criminal prosecution.
- Perform accurate technical analyses; produce reports detailing
device behavior, technical functions and game rules in order to
resolve patron disputes.
- Monitor and interact with the Gaming Operation to ensure the
gaming floor is operating according to established department
policies and procedures; confirm that all SMTGC regulations and
requirements are being satisfied.
- Maintain accurate software inventories ensuring that physical
counts mirror database records; identify quantities, locations,
program numbers and installations.
- Verify all software shipments; confirm quantities and program
IDs match invoices and transfer documentation.
- Validate that all gaming software and hardware is certified by
a recognized and qualified test laboratory.
- Assure that no gaming device is offered for play until
satisfying all Tribal-State Compact and other regulatory
requirements. Make recommendations for regulatory action or
troubleshoot gaming devices as needed.
- Verify and document the total number of Class III gaming
devices to ensure compliance with the Tribal-State Compact
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the efficient
operation of the department.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology (IT) or Engineering
and a minimum of one (1) year of hands-on experience in an IT,
Gaming, Regulatory, or Engineering environment, or a minimum of
three (3) years of hands-on experience in an IT, Gaming,
Regulatory, or Engineering environment required.
- Equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant
and direct experience may be considered in lieu of educational
- Experience in the gaming technology industry with advanced
technical skills is highly preferred.
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and
- Advanced proficiency in internet research mandatory.
- A+ or N+ certification preferred.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission
you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- A qualified candidate/employee must have a valid driver's
license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the
company's insurance carrier.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will
make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans
with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire,
San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of
its employees. Join our team today!
Keywords: SAN MANUEL INDIAN BINGO & CASINO, Highland , Compliance Technician I, Other , Highland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!