Floor Care Technician
Company: SAN MANUEL INDIAN BINGO & CASINO
Posted on: May 31, 2021
The Environmental Services (EVS) Utility Worker is responsible
for maintaining the standards of cleanliness and sanitation
throughout the Casino of all areas that regular EVS is unable to
reach or clean without the use of ladders or platforms more than 3
steps (High areas). EVS Utility Worker is responsible for the
in-depth cleaning and maintenance of all carpets, floor care and
all high cleaning which may require operation of equipment to
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in promoting brand loyalty by engaging in exceptional
customer service to both our external and internal customers.
- Interact with guests by answering questions, providing
information, greeting guests and assisting whenever possible.
- Displaying a positive and professional demeanor during
interactions with fellow team members, external and internal
- Extensive cleaning and sanitizing of all high areas in the
front and back of house Casino to include following the required
procedures for handling, cleaning, disposing, or moving of
objects/materials and/or the clean-up of blood, infectious
materials, or body fluids containing blood in accordance with the
OSHA Blood-borne Pathogen Standard or San Manuel's Exposure Control
Plan for Blood-borne Pathogens.
- Responsible for the cleaning and proper operation of all EVS
- Maintain all air vents for proper airflow.
- Maintain all floor care, carpet extraction and high cleaning
throughout Casino including Food Venues, lounges, bars and
- Wash high walls, ceilings, windows, door panels, sills, and
- Maintain all informational signs, light fixtures, picture
frames, TV Monitors, high decor free of dust.
- Perform floor care on terrazzo, VCT, marble, tile & etc. by
removing/applying sealer or floor finish.
- Perform vacuuming, gum removal and carpet extraction of all
- Accountable for Cleanliness and overall condition of assigned
- Keep all chemicals in assigned areas with proper labels
according to the SDS and ensure all cleaning materials/equipment
are utilized per manufacturer's instructions.
- Notify management of supplies needed or equipment requiring
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the efficient
operation of the department.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Minimum one (1) year EVS/Housekeeping experience required.
- Ability to use all necessary tools and equipment required to
complete all duties and jobs.
- Ability to follow safety guidelines when using required
chemicals, equipment, tools, and techniques while performing job
- Must be capable of operating both walk behind/ride on cleaning
equipment such as vacuums, steamers, buffers, extractors,
scrubbers, aerial scissor lift, etc.
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
- Ability to accept performance feedback in a professional
- Ability to maintain a consistent, regular attendance
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission
you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- Aerial Scissor Lift Certification required within 90 days of
Physical Requirements/ Working Conditions - Environment
The physical demands and working environment described here are
representative of those that an employee encounters and must be met
by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
- Constant walking and standing.
- Constant walking and standing.
- Constant High level working conditions.
- Hearing sufficient to hear conversational levels in person and
over the telephone.
- Speech sufficient to make oneself heard and understood in
person, in front of groups, in meetings, and over the
- Must have sufficient visual acuity (with correction) to read
equipment controls, computer terminals, printed materials, and
operate other equipment.
- Must be able to communicate orally and in writing in
- Visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and
thoroughness of the work assigned, or to make general observations
of facilities, guests, and employees.
- Strength sufficient to exert up to 10 pounds of force
occasionally: lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects up
to 70 pounds occasionally.
- Physical activities that apply to the essential functions of
the position are: Balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching,
reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, talking, hearing,
- Endurance sufficient to walk and stand for extended periods,
and maintain efficiency throughout the entire work shift and during
extended work hours.
- Primary work environment is in a climate - controlled
- Flexible and willing to work nights, weekends and
- Frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles including
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will
make reasonable accommodations in accordance with the Americans
with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire,
San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of
its employees. Join our team today!
Keywords: SAN MANUEL INDIAN BINGO & CASINO, Highland , Floor Care Technician, Other , Highland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!