Reporting to the Facilities Director, the CAD Technician is
responsible for performing fieldwork, documentation, research and
drafting tasks for San Manuel Casino, vendors, and other
departments, as requested. The CAD Technician creates blueprints
(electrical, mechanical, and structural), schematics, and assists
in building projects for all departments within the San Manuel
Casino, in addition to analyzing information available to determine
and plan best approaches to develop and complete drawings. The
individual selected for this role is expected to assist in
championing the goals and priorities of the Tribe in a manner that
reflects and upholds the Tribal Community's vision, mission and
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Analyze blueprints, including floor plans, elevations,
sections, detail schedules, etc.
2. Update architectural, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing
system drawings, such as floor plan layouts, electrical lighting
and power drawings along with updated panel schedules.
3. Collaborate with building inspector and Fire Marshall to
obtain approval on proposed blueprints.
4. Coordinate with architects, engineering design groups,
Project Development and outside contractors, as well asperforming
fieldwork with vendors or departments for building projects.
5. Work with Gaming Commission to store and secure an Iron Key
6. Analyze information available to determine and plan best
approach to develop and complete drawings.
7. Redesign blueprints or drawings according to markups and/or
specifications stemming from sketches, notes, details, and/or
8. Input data from multiple sources to update AutoCAD blueprints
reflecting changes made by any/all departments.
9. Store, maintain, and modify documents in blueprint room.
10. Perform other duties as assigned to support the efficient
operation of the department.
* High School Diploma or GED Required. * Associate's Degree in
Drafting (AutoCAD) preferred. * Minimum of one (1) year experience
using AutoCAD software required. * At least one (1) year related
experience and/or training in HVAC/R, electrical (up to 12kv
systems), plumbing, and mechanical fields preferred. * Experience
with AutoCAD software required. * Understanding of building plans
and building codes. Familiarity with Fire Codes is a plus. *
Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) *
Experience with PlanGrid software preferred. * Strong attention to
detail, planning, and organizing abilities. Ability to manage
changing priorities. * Effective verbal and written communication
skills. * Equivalent combination of education and progressive,
relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of minimum
educational/experience requirements indicated above.
* At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission
you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license. * A
qualified candidate/employee must have a valid driver's license
with an acceptable driving record as determined by the company's
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will
make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans
with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire,
San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of
its employees. Join our team today!