Company: San Manuel
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Under the direction of the Director of Beverage Operations, Food
& Beverage, the Beverage Manager is responsible for the overall
operation and profitability of assigned venue(s) including:
developing and maintaining well performing teams; achieving
financial and company objectives; maintaining proper inventory
control including equipment and supplies; maintaining consistent,
high quality customer service; ensuring compliance with all health
and safety regulations; reviewing scheduling and staffing plans;
preparing sales, inventory and personnel reports; providing
dedicated leadership to the outlet(s) and maximizing employee
morale through leading by example. Areas of responsibility will
include all bars and restaurants within the Casino.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Creates guidelines to sustain a highly energized culture,
engaged and enthusiastic work environment that ensures an optimal
restaurant and entertainment experience
- Partners with recruitment to audition and select top talent for
- Implements training programs that ensure high quality service
including training in service, and food and beverage products that
are offered. Acts as a role model to other employees and always
presents his or her self to be seen as a credit to the SMC and
encourages others to do the same.
- Manages budgeted revenue, beverage cost, expense, headcount,
and profit for assigned venue. Provides explanation of any
unfavorable variance on a monthly basis and prepares and implements
an action plan to track favorably to budget by end of fiscal year.
Prepares budget forecasts as necessary.
- Performs research and analysis of sales, trends, and expenses
to prepare budgets and establish business plans.
- Maximizes profitability and implements effective controls
including achieving budgeted revenue and labor expenses
- Maintains projected relationship between revenue and other
items (expense, headcount, salaries, food cost, etc.) in order to
maintain margin percentage if actual revenue tracks below
- Responsible and accountable for Profit and Loss (P&L)
- Manages assigned headcount to ensure: expenses remain within
budget, overtime is minimal, all staff are properly trained to
perform their duties, adequate staff is hired, trained and reports
to work for all shifts, all required ServSafe, Food Handlers are
maintained by assigned staff and all HACCP procedures are adhered
- Maintain, coordinate, and maximize labor based on nightly
changes in sales/business volume. Collaborates with venue chef to
ensure: food cost remains within budget, menu items remain
attractive to customers as measured by customer satisfaction and
revenue generated, and presentation meets Food & Beverage
- Supervises operation of the bars to maximize profitability,
minimize legal liability, and conform to alcoholic beverage
- Maintains complete knowledge of: all liquor brands, beers and
non-alcoholic selections available in outlets, the particular
characteristics and description of every wine/champagne by the
glass and major wines on the wine list, designated glassware and
garnishes for drinks, all bar menu items, preparation method/time,
ingredients, sauces, portion sizes, garnishes, presentation and
- Closely monitors customer satisfaction and resolve customer
- Ensures that cleanliness and sanitation standards, consistent
with established codes, are met at all times.
- Maintains all equipment in accordance with maintenance
schedules, order repairs as needed and recommend replacement when
- Adheres to department policies and procedures and ensures that
staff is trained in all requirements. Continuously evaluates
operations to determine if efficiencies can be implemented. Makes
recommendations for policy/procedure modifications when required in
advance of implementing changes.
- Conducts weekly management team meetings always with an agenda.
Creates management delegation plan for job groups and cost control
areas and holds team accountable.
- Organizes and conducts quarterly staff meetings
- Performs other duties as assigned to ensure the efficient
operation of the department.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
organizations policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities
include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning,
assigning reviewing and directing work; evaluating and appraising
performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing
complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelors degree in restaurant management or related field
- Minimum five (5) years beverage service supervisory/management
in a high volume entertainment bar restaurant with high quality
food, extensive beer and spirits offering, with a high energy
atmosphere with live entertainment.
- Minimum of four (4) years progressive supervisory and
managerial experience in a beverage environment, directing, leading
and coaching others to exceed organizational standards; must have
experience in a high-volume, multi-venue or casino facility.
- Must possess advanced knowledge of liquor/beer/wine product and
- Must possess knowledge of current OSHA and Alcoholic Beverage
Control (ABC) regulations.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft (Word, Excel, Power Point
and Outlook) is required.
- Proficiency in point-of-sale and inventory systems such as
InfoGenesis and Eatec is required.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work in a collaborative
- Strong analytical skills (understanding of variances actual vs.
- Demonstrated ability for people development by mentoring,
motivating, coaching, consistently providing feedback, and holding
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission
you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- A qualified candidate/employee must have a valid drivers
license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the
companys insurance carrier.
- Must obtain and maintain a ServSafe certification within 90
days of employment.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will
make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans
with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire,
San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of
its employees. Join our team today!
Keywords: San Manuel, Highland , Beverage Manager, Other , Highland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!