Under the direction of the Assistant Director of Customer
Experience, the Casino Manager on Duty (MOD) is responsible for the
leadership, management and supervision of all aspects of the resort
and casino operations in the absence of management. The MOD is
empowered to ensure that the highest standards of customer service
and hospitality are maintained and delivered through direct
communication and interaction with customers/guests and employees.
The MOD assumes responsibility for regulatory and policy
compliance, supervision, staffing, and relations of the various
departments and their employees. The MOD displays the highest
degree of professionalism, judgment, and decision making in all
customer and employee interactions while championing the goals and
priorities of the Tribe in a manner that reflects and upholds the
Tribal Communitys vision, mission and values.
To be successful in the role of MOD, this position requires a
highly motivated, results oriented and extremely organized
individual, as they directly supervise all casino operations and
conduct of casino employees while on duty. The MOD must have a
heightened awareness of the casino floor, be exceptional at
resolving guest concerns, provide the highest service standards,
and be able to establish a working relationship with all enterprise
management. The MOD observes shift activity and reports findings
and recommendations to the Director of Customer Experience.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Maintains a current and accurate understanding of each
departments financial, operational, and guest service expectations,
objectives, strategies and operational plans, special events and
promotions. Maintains a current and accurate understanding of
policies and procedures, and ensures proper execution of:
- Emergency response
- Interaction with external and regulatory agencies arriving on
- Employee suspensions and patron exclusions
- Guest problem resolution and exclusions
Maintains working knowledge of Internal Controls, Human
Resources departmental policies and procedures, and job
descriptions of each department on the shift. Maintains a vast
knowledge of all areas including management, project management,
and vendor management.
2. Provides continual assistance, support and inter-departmental
coordination to all employees and guests as necessary to achieve
financial, operational, and guest service expectations set forth
for the property. Exchanges current information continuously
throughout the shift with each departments management personnel.
Ensures smooth interaction between all departments and all guests
during the shift.
3. Performs all duties with excellent service to both internal
and external guests. Resolves guest complaints and problems
immediately and effectively. Creates and maintains a positive image
of the property, operations, employees and property owners on the
shift to all customers, local communities, and regulatory agencies.
Consistently and visibly role models the behavior and appearance
desired of all employees on the shift.
4. Performs continual observation and inspection, and formally
reports findings and makes recommendations for:
- Excellence in Guest Service
- Compliance with policies, procedures and controls
- Improvements to operational effectiveness
- Condition and operation of property, equipment, status of
- Quality control checks in kitchen, restaurant, lounges and
- Proper staffing levels
- Employee effectiveness and performance
- Improvements for better use of assets and personnel on the
- Health and safety regulatory compliance
5. Ensures all pertinent information regarding the shift is
communicated in a clear, concise, complete, timely and consistent
manner, to the Director of Customer Experience, the Assistant
Director of Customer Experience and other Managers on Duty.
Provides written plans and regular progress reports to Assistant
Director of Customer Experience.
6. Performs all duties required of the MOD as stated in the
Policies and Procedures and System of Internal Controls including,
but not limited to, signing forms and approving gaming
7. Contributes to a team effort and accomplish related results
as required. Works closely with casino and resorts other functional
departments to provide input and feedback in ensuring optimal
casino performance, as well as developing innovative and creative
services to meet or exceed the requirements of customers. Regularly
attends meetings as directed by the Director of Customer
8. Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient
operation of the department.
- Bachelors Degree required, plus progressive and related
experience in the operational aspects of the casino gaming
industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience may
be considered in lieu of degree.
- Five (5) years of operations management experience.
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point, and
Player Tracking systems.
- Proficient in training and training development, infrastructure
implementation, and marketing systems.
- Ability to apply solid background in operations management
toward driving business growth.
- Professional with strong leadership and communication skills
with an ability to talk to others in a non-threatening manner to
convey information effectively and appropriately.
- Able to efficiently manage multiple situations
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission
you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- A qualified candidate/employee must have a valid drivers
license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the
companys insurance carrier.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will
make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans
with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire,
San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of
its employees. Join our team today!