Training Specialist, Retail & Spa
Company: SAN MANUEL INDIAN BINGO & CASINO
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Under the direction of the Spa Operations Training Manager, the
Retail & Spa Training Specialist is responsible for the effective
training of all team members within the Spa and Retail Departments.
This position is responsible for validating quality of service and
operational standards, and providing support to leadership for all
training tasks and activities. The Training Specialist works
closely with the Training Manager to provide consistency via the
San Manuel Casino Service Excellence program to support team
members to deliver a Best in Class experience for guests, and
remain current in compliance training programs. The Training
Specialist additionally plays a role in ensuring a clean and safe
environment for all patrons, team members and vendors, while
safeguarding enterprise assets and guaranteeing departmental
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Works closely with management to document, teach and follow-up
with training plans to support Best in Class guest experience
efforts across San Manuel Retail and Spa Operations. Promotes
positive environment of achievement, recognition, and
Manages and monitors training effectiveness aligned with
compliance and state laws regarding spa, salon, pool health
standards and programs related to guest experience standards,
standard operating procedures/guidelines and onboarding of new team
- Partners with Spa Operations Training Manager to continually
observe, inspect, and formally report findings, and make
recommendations for leadership assessments and continued training
- Compliance with policies, procedures and controls
- Best in Class, Service Excellence programs
- Improvements to operational effectiveness
- Health and safety protocols and standards
- Employee effectiveness and performance
- Standard operating procedures/guidelines
- Mystery Shop Program
Monitors and records training activities. Maintains current and
accurate understanding of Best in Class, Service Standards and
guest service expectations, objectives, strategies and operational
plans regarding service excellence. Maintains current and accurate
understanding of policies and procedures for ensuring and
coordinating proper execution of managing service performance
systems, reporting, and processing clerical data.
Manages compliance of state laws regarding spa, salon and pool
health standards, and proper training/certifications regarding team
Partners with management to report results from customer service
surveys and responds to comments provided by guests. Provides input
and feedback to all Department leaders on level of service,
performance and training provided by team.
Monitors and manages training costs and prepares budget reports
to justify expenditures.
- Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient
operation of the department.
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED) required. Bachelor's
degree from an accredited college or university preferred.
- Minimum two (2) years training experience required.
- 1-2 years of relevant training experience in either
hospitality, luxury retail fashion or luxury spa field
- Experience in instructional design, assessing needs,
performance measurement, training delivery, and training evaluation
- Must have the ability to communicate verbally across all levels
of the enterprise.
- Must have good presentation skills.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office required. (Word,
Excel, Access and PowerPoint).
- Experience with development, assessment or review of quality
assurance policies, procedures, processes and internal controls
- Must possess excellent leadership and mentoring skills.
- Must be self-motivated and confident.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission,
you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- A qualified candidate/employee must have and maintain a valid
driver's license with an acceptable driving record as determined by
the enterprise's insurance carrier.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will
make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans
with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire,
San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of
its employees. Join our team today!
Keywords: SAN MANUEL INDIAN BINGO & CASINO, Highland , Training Specialist, Retail & Spa, Other , Highland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!