Gaming Technical Supervisor
Company: SAN MANUEL INDIAN BINGO & CASINO
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Gaming Technical Supervisor enforces and manages the
regulation of all Class II and Class III gaming devices, associated
equipment, and gaming systems. The Gaming Technical Supervisor
monitors around-the-clock (24/7) operation of the SMTGC's technical
team to ensure the testing of technical specifications for all
gaming devices, jackpot verifications, patron dispute
investigations, and forensics testing for malfunctions are
expeditiously completed with high-quality results.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop a strategic technical plan based on industry standards,
trends, regulations, software testing requirements, preventative
maintenance of logic areas, and advancements in technology to
ensure the overall success of the technical team. This plan must
meet the expectations of the Executive Director. Gaming
Commissioner, the Tribe, and satisfy our regulatory
responsibilities. Make staff assignments based on the technical
plan; track the progress of the plan; provide technical assistance
to technicians for compiling reports describing testing and
- Develop technical standards for all Class II and Class III
gaming devices, associated hardware, and gaming systems that ensure
the integrity, security, and fairness of all gaming equipment in
the SMBMI Jurisdiction. Review and prepare comments on proposed
regulations or develop regulations as required.
- Enforce compliance with regulations and the internal control
systems by issuing violations or seizing unapproved devices as
supported by accurate reports. Track and follow up on
unsatisfactory conditions to ensure the timely closure of
violations through remediation, mitigation, or revocation.
- Monitor gaming device investigations, revocations, product
notifications, and patterns of irregularities, constant machine
tilts, or possible cheating scams. Ensure proper internal testing
is performed and consult with engineers from test laboratories and
manufacturers to make a determination on problematic
- For new technology and software, research functions and
controls for the technology to develop a regulatory framework prior
to implementation, design internal processes, and work with the
operation to find workable solutions to keep projects moving
forward. The Gaming Technical Supervisor provides workable business
solutions and regulatory guidance for new technology, systems, and
- Schedule and manage three shifts to provide 24/7 assistance to
work on gaming devices, swiftly perform jackpot verifications, and
fairly investigate patron disputes. Monitor staff and the gaming
floor to ensure gaming devices are not out of commercial operation
unnecessarily due to the SMTGC. Find workable solutions to avoid
revenue loss without compromising game integrity.
- Provide critical reviews of technical memos ensuring clarity,
accuracy, and readability that adequately communicate the technical
- Review gaming device shipments to ensure accuracy and
compliance with applicable regulations.
- Maintain technical policies and procedures to ensure the SMTGC
is operating consistent with all regulatory standards; adapting
workflow to keep up with advances in gaming technology and taking
advantage of technological tools for testing.
- Motivate staff to perform work accurately and expeditiously to
reduce impact on the casino operation.
- Maintain a professional work environment to facilitate a strong
team atmosphere that maximizes efficiency, productivity, and
- Network and build mutually beneficial working relationships
with outside agencies, including providing training and assistance
to foster these relationships.
- Maintain knowledge of current and future technology, industry
standards, trends, and irregularities to make recommendations on
game integrity and regulatory compliance.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the efficient
operation of the department.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or Engineering
- Minimum ten (10) years of gaming device experience, including
troubleshooting, repair, configuration, gaming performance
analysis, technical certification reviews, and performing technical
- Minimum three (3) years of leadership experience with technical
- Minimum four (4) years of backend gaming systems experience
including slot accounting, monitoring tools, patron tracking,
Ticket In/Ticket Out, and server based gaming is required.
- Equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant
and direct experience may be considered in lieu of educational
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access,
Power Point, Visio and Outlook is required.
- Advanced Internet Research skills required; must be able to
conduct Boolean searches, use hypertext references and evaluate the
credibility of information sources.
- It is imperative that the Gaming Technical Supervisor not only
understands technological advancements in gaming equipment, but
also knows what questions to ask to ensure new technologies are
utilized to their full potential while meeting all regulatory
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission
you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- A qualified candidate/employee must have a valid driver's
license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the
company's insurance carrier .
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will
make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans
with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire,
San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of
its employees. Join our team today!
Keywords: SAN MANUEL INDIAN BINGO & CASINO, Highland , Gaming Technical Supervisor, Other , Highland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!