Under the guidance of the Key Control Specialist, the Locksmith
performs locksmith duties for the San Manuel Casino and Hotel
facilities, as well as other enterprise facilities as assigned. The
Locksmith is responsible for the keying, maintenance, and repair of
all lock systems, and partners with certain compliance departments
to ensure enterprise regulations are upheld. This position works
closely with the Key Control Specialist, and manages the key
control program for the Facilities & EVS Department.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1.Responsible for lock system installations as well as
preventative maintenance and repairs on new and existing lock
systems. This includes both mechanical and electronic key card
systems. Installs and repairs door hardware including panic bars,
automatic door openers, mortise locks, and hydraulic closing
fixtures. Follows keying protocols while using appropriate
discretion and special knowledge of lock systems to preserve the
integrity of the facility key system while meeting guest and
internal needs. Follows all required enterprise compliance policies
& procedures for locksmith duties. Cleans and maintains work areas,
and keeps inventory and adequate stock of keys, supplies and
equipment. Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of
equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of
workplace safety and environmental practices.
2.Maintains key control systems including electronic records of
Issued keys, returned keys, re-keys and duplications.
3.Documents work performance, material usage, estimated repair
time, and status through a work order system.
4.Works with various trades, vendors, and contractors in
completing projects and tasks. Monitors work performed by a third
party and reports status of said work to management.
5.Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient
operation of the department.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Must possess a valid locksmith license.
- Minimum of three (3) years' experience.
- Casino or Hospitality experience preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to cut and issue keys, re-key, install and repair locks
- Ability to interpret, implement, and maintain pre-defined
master key systems.
- Ability to use hand and power tools applicable to trade.
- Ability to install, troubleshoot, and repair both mechanical
locking and electronic access control devices.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety
- Skill in utilizing building security and lock systems and
- Equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant
and direct experience may be considered in lieu of minimum
educational/experience requirements indicated above.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission
you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- A qualified candidate/employee must have and maintain a valid
driver's license with an acceptable driving record as determined by
the enterprise's insurance carrier.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will
make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans
with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire,
San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of
its employees. Join our team today!