Health Screening Manager
Company: SAN MANUEL INDIAN BINGO & CASINO
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Under supervision of the Director of Public Health and Medical
Officer (Medical Officer), the Manager of Health Screening
(Manager) is primarily responsible for overseeing a team of Health
Screeners to perform COVID-19 or similar Influenza-like illnesses
(ILI) screenings based on the latest CDC guidelines or other
applicable standards. The Manager is an important health and safety
role responsible for providing leadership and supervision over the
screening of individuals who seek access to the Reservation or any
Tribally-owned or operated property. The Manager must be able to
soundly exercise discretion and judgement in health screening
circumstances and diplomatically manage conflicts that could arise
from health screening results. The Manager will oversee Health
Screeners in their jobs to measure, monitor and administer health
screening processes and protocols. This role will be the main point
of contact amongst the Health Screening team to consult with San
Manuel's Public Health, Public Safety, other Emergency Services and
Risk Management subject matter experts on health screening
recommendations that promote the efficacy and efficiency of the
screening processes. To be a good fit for this role, candidates
should possess strong leadership skills, robust communication
skills for instructing, troubleshooting, presenting and writing.
The strongest candidates will be able to demonstrate analytic
abilities, professional service skills, and a keen eye for detail
and accuracy. The ideal candidate will be able to manage their team
members under high volume and high demand circumstances with the
ability to balance a helpful, service-oriented attitude and enforce
rules with a friendly yet authoritative way.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead and oversee a team administering screening assessments on
all persons to include, but may not be limited to, asking a series
of health questions as well as performing and evaluating
non-contact temperature checks while maintaining strict
- Can organize information that is recorded and issued on daily
access passes for all who successfully pass screening while denying
access to those who do not successfully pass screening.
- Can effectively be the point of contact when circumstances
require escalation from Health Screeners.
- Able to effectively enforce health screening rules as well as
communicate health screening information and instruction with
customers and team members.
- Capable of maintaining accurate, complete and legible screening
records and reports for review.
- Can generate data and assess trends to improve the health
- Develop informational dashboards, daily briefing reports or
spreadsheet analyses on health screening practices.
- Able to be the point of contact to assess, implement, plan, or
evaluate health screening plans by working with other San Manuel
departments responsible for Public Health, Safety Emergency
Services and Risk Management.
- Capable of attending and passing continuous education for
- Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient
operation of the department.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field
- At least 5 years supervisory experience managing teams in
customer or team member services.
- Equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant
and direct experience may be considered in lieu of minimum
educational/experience requirements indicated above.
- Certificate from Loma Linda University Health Screener
- American Heart Association BLS/CPR certification.
- Previous medical or patient care experience or education
- Experienced at providing reports and analyses of data including
the creation of dashboards and metrics.
- Can deliver effective presentations, generate proposals for
process improvement and distill complex matters into understandable
proposals and solutions.
- Able to wear required PPE for entire shift (e.g. facemask, eye
protection, medical gloves, etc.).
- Able to work in both indoor and outdoor environments.
- Able to use and troubleshoot temperature-reading
- Possesses a pleasant personality with good interpersonal and
- Able to resolve conflicts in an empathetic, civil and
- Uses appropriate discretion and works independently while
- Can quickly adapt to changing requirements and processes.
- Can accurately operate a two-way radio to communicate with the
- Able to maintain HIPAA compliance at all times.
Demonstrates pride in the entire facility by maintaining a
clean, safe work environment for guests and co-workers.
Consistently demonstrates personal ownership for cleanliness and
maintaining exceptional housekeeping standards within the
department, facility and all Tribal owned properties. Consistently
demonstrates concern for personal safety and the safety of guests,
vendors and other team members by immediately addressing or
reporting all unsafe acts and/or conditions.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission
you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license with an
acceptable driving record as determined by the insurance
- First Aid and CPR/AED Certification preferred (San Manuel to
provide training to incumbents).
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will
make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans
with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire,
San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of
its employees. Join our team today!
Keywords: SAN MANUEL INDIAN BINGO & CASINO, Highland , Health Screening Manager, Other , highland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!