Employee Relations Specialist (Temporary)
Company: SAN MANUEL INDIAN BINGO & CASINO
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Providing exceptional internal customer support while driving
Human Resources (HR) functional excellence and process improvement
requires strategic, "out-of-the box" thinking to be successful in a
high performing HR department. As an Employee Relations Specialist
(ER Specialist), your role is critical in the planning,
implementation and maintenance of talent management services. Your
talent will be utilized in the areas of employee relations, labor
relations, performance management and in executing all of our
people initiatives. This role is the key talent management
facilitator on all employee relations related matters and will
enable San Manuel to achieve its organizational goals while
minimizing employee risk.
Under the direct supervision of the Employee & Labor Relations
Manager, the ER Specialist shall display a positive, approachable
and professional demeanor and will serve as a consultant to San
Manuel management on employee relations issues. In this key role,
the ER Specialist will have full ownership of all employee
relations solutions for the Tribal Government Operations and the
Casino enterprise viewpoint. Working independently, as well as with
a team, the ER Specialist will provide accurate and timely HR
information to HR management and San Manuel leaders, ensuring
priorities are aligned with San Manuel objectives, work cultures,
legal requirements, HR programs and policies.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Respond to employee concerns and complaints of potential
unlawful behavior and violations of workplace policies by
conducting timely internal investigations independently, or in
conjunction with supervisors, HR Business Partners and other
stakeholders, and recommend appropriate corrective actions.
- Serve as the employee relations subject matter expert for San
Manuel's Tribal Government Operations and the Casino
- Engage and collaborate with the Legal Department, Gaming
Commission, and other key stakeholders as necessary to achieve
resolution on employee relations matters.
- Investigate and resolve problems reported to HR, department
management, and the Ethics Hotline (Whistleblower Hotline).
- Investigate, document, and provide consultative advice or
recommendations to managers and supervisors on issues related to
the workforce, including conflict resolution, managing performance,
corrective actions, grievances, progressive discipline, and
- Investigates team member complaints about management practices;
recommends corrective actions.
- Conducts research to determine root causes and develops
proactive strategies to effectively reduce undesirable activity and
sustain positive results.
- Provides advice and counsel to managers and supervisors
regarding personnel practices, San Manuel policies and employment
- Cultivates a strong client-oriented service rapport with HR
Business Partner teams, and other internal stakeholders based on a
high level of collaboration and inclusion.
- Maintains and addresses the day-to-day tactical issues and
systems for the Talent Management Team.
- Promotes open communication at all levels within San Manuel to
positively resolve employee relations problems, while promoting and
maintaining the integrity of team members and San Manuel's
- Serves as a positive change agent to improve the San Manuel's
- Conducts ongoing needs analysis; designs, develops and/or
facilitates appropriate training and development programs.
- Prepares HR reports and statistics; analyzes the data and
recommends actions as indicated.
- Responsible for the administration of all dispute resolution
processes including the Employee Claims Act.
- Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient
operation of the department.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration,
Psychology or related field or equivalent experience required.
- Master's Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration,
Counseling, Psychology or related field preferred.
- Minimum of (5) five years' progressive or related experience in
Human Resources or investigative work with proven results is
- Strong understanding and knowledge of employee relations, labor
relations, employment law, and regulatory compliance.
- Equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant
and direct experience may be considered in lieu of educational
- Demonstrated ability to conduct confidential investigations on
critical employee relations matters and present findings and
recommendations to Human Resources and other key stakeholders.
- Possess strong investigative and analytical skills.
- Strong project management, initiative and creative
- Ability to handle highly sensitive and confidential information
in a manner that inspires confidence and trust.
- Ability to consult, respond to inquiries and influence a wide
variety of key stakeholders.
- Possesses the ability to relate well to wide variety of
- Ability to maintain objectivity when working with team member
situations without being too emotionally invested or detached.
- Capable of mediating problem resolution while demonstrating
calm, composed and neutral demeanor.
- Exhibits diplomacy and acts as settling influence to defuse
- Able to shift gears easily and comfortably handle ambiguity and
- Capable of producing accurate written communication that is
clear, concise and complete as possible.
- Works to establish personal rapport with internal clients, is
easy to approach, and acts with sensitivity and patience while
dealing with the interpersonal anxieties of others.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission,
you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- A qualified candidate/employee must have a valid driver's
license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the San
Manuel's insurance carrier.
- Certification as a Professional Human Resources (PHR) or Senior
Professional Human Resources (SPHR) or Global Professional Human
Resources (GPHR) desired.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will
make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans
with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire,
San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of
its employees. Join our team today!
Keywords: SAN MANUEL INDIAN BINGO & CASINO, Highland , Employee Relations Specialist (Temporary), Other , Highland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!