Company: SAN MANUEL INDIAN BINGO & CASINO
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Under the supervision of the Licensing Supervisor, the Licensing
Investigator's primary responsibility is to conduct an extensive
background investigation to determine suitability of each
applicant, under the standards set forth in IGRA, NIGC, the Gaming
Act, the Tribal State Compact and Gaming Commission Regulations. In
order to make an informed decision on the suitability of an
individual, the Licensing Investigator reviews all documentation
and information obtained through the background process, generates
a comprehensive report, and submits a recommendation for approval,
denial or suspension of a gaming license.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Conducts a thorough face-to-face interview with applicants,
notating all information received and requesting additional
information if needed, by using all of the investigative tools at
- Orders and analyzes employment screening reports, including but
not limited to criminal, civil, and credit.
- Reviews the Gaming Commission Application, and all
documentation submitted by the applicant.
- Responsible for conducting on site searches at county and
federal court houses, on site Investigations with law enforcement
agencies, reviewing personnel files from previous employers,
contacting personal references and following up on all leads to
potential issues of concern.
- Gathers and evaluates all information necessary to formulate a
decision regarding the applicant's suitability and creates a
detailed investigative report of the findings.
- Makes recommendation of licensing suitability for employee and
vendor applicants, as well as employee and vendor renewal
- Conducts bi-annual renewal background investigations on
employees and/or vendors, and once assigned a renewal file, ensures
the application for a Gaming License is received, prior to its
- Responsible to maintain accountability of provisional and
conditional employee files and appointments by using their Outlook
- Notifies Gaming Commission Administration and Human Resources
of applicant status as required.
- May be assigned to maintain and manage Vendor License
- Conducts and/or participates in internal interviews,
investigations, and licensing hearings of employees as
- Understands the regulatory function of the Gaming Commission
and the purpose of regulating.
- Attends training sessions, seminars and conferences as
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the efficient
operation of the department.
- High School Diploma or GED required. Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of three (3) years investigative experience within law
enforcement, licensing agency or regulatory environment
- Equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant
and direct experience may be considered in lieu of minimum
educational/experience requirements indicated above.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, including the
ability to establish rapport quickly and communicate well with
individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Must be able to produce clear and concise written reports,
using proper punctuation and grammar.
- Must have excellent problem solving, organization,
time-management and prioritization skills.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission
you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- A qualified candidate/employee must have a valid driver's
license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the
company's insurance carrier.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will
make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans
with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire,
San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of
its employees. Join our team today!
Keywords: SAN MANUEL INDIAN BINGO & CASINO, Highland , Licensing Investigator, Other , Highland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!