This position assists residents in the special rehabilitation
program by providing program implementation through documentation,
supervision, and training in social, cognitive, and other skills
necessary for maximum independence and functioning.
Essential Position Duties
1. Works cooperatively with other Interdisciplinary staff under
the supervision of the STP Clinical Director, STP Director, and/or
or Assistant STP Director. Performs job duties as assigned by
2. Performs resident assessments and initiates care plans within
72 hours of admission.
3. Types and maintains timely HS 231s (-Certs-) on individual
4. Implements standard behavioral treatment procedures with all
residents (motivational point system/token economy, privilege
system, behavioral contracting, quiet time, etc.).
5. Uses behavioral and cognitive principles (including positive
reinforcement, prompting, extinction, chaining, etc.) to analyze
and teach new behavior patterns to residents.
6. Implements individualized behavioral programs and provides
feedback to supervisory staff on their effectiveness.
7. Attends and actively participates in meetings pertaining to
department practices and resident treatment plans (e.g., behavioral
services meeting, behavioral treatment meeting, nursing/program
8. Identifies and gives constructive feedback to administration
regarding problem areas in resident care and departmental
9. Monitors and supervises residents according to facility
policies. Ensures a safe environment for residents.
10. Conducts both large and small psychoeducational, process,
and activity groups and outings under the supervision of the STP
Clinical Director, STP Director, and/or or Assistant STP
11. Works cooperatively with members of other departments in
providing the best possible interdisciplinary care to
12. If assigned, acts as Care and Safety trainer under the
supervision of the Clinical Trainer.
13. Completes daily data collection/summarization as
14. Writes monthly/quarterly documentation on assigned
residents, according to department standards, in a timely manner.
Ensures documentation is accurate, informative and descriptive of
the resident's condition, nursing care provided and resident's
response to the care.
15. Performs secretarial duties including, but not limited to,
photocopying, typing, and filing.
16. Demonstrates safe and appropriate use of facility Care and
Safety procedures using the principles of least restrictive
17. Participates in the facility Quality Assurance and CQI
process. Serves on committees and develops/implements
18. Participates in Professional Assault Response Training -
principles when necessary, i.e., verbal (de-escalation, active
listening, calm talk, etc); physical escort, physical standing
restraint, physical wall restraint, physical prone restraint; and
mechanical soft and leather restraint.
19. Identifies, reports and responds to extreme behavior, such
as verbal aggression, biting, hitting, kicking, throwing items
(food, objects, bodily fluids), self-inflicted injuries, property
damage, substance abuse, etc., in accordance with applicable local,
state and federal regulations and SunBridge policies and
20. Maintains an awareness of and support for facility marketing
goals and efforts.
21. Drives facility van to and from outside activities.
22. Attends mandatory in-services and facility/department
meetings as required.
23. Ensures that all OSHA and safety standards are followed, as
applicable to the position and in the business location or
workplace in accordance with state and federal regulation and
SunBridge Policies and Procedures.
24. Maintains safe and clean work area and adheres to
location/company safety standards for the healthcare
25. Complies with all Infection Control, Standard Precautions,
and OSHA standards for the healthcare professional in accordance
with state and federal regulation and SunBridge Policies and
26. Adheres to location and department/company policy and
27. Adheres to established HIPAA confidentiality standards of
patient/resident and client location information.
28. Performs all other tasks or duties as assigned.
Genesis HealthCare, Inc. and all affiliated entities
(collectively, "Genesis") provides equal employment opportunities
(EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, gender
identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, actual or
perceived disability, marital status, pregnancy, genetic
information, amnesty, military status or status as a covered
veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local
laws. Genesis takes affirmative action to employ and advance in
employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with
disabilities and covered veterans. These policies are fully
supported by the CEO, COO and all members of the leadership team.
If you require any reasonable accommodation under the Americans
with Disabilities Act (ADA) in completing the online application,
interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing or otherwise
participating in the employee selection process, please contact
(877)456-6726. This phone number is for ADA related accommodation
requests only, not for routine employment inquiries.