Under the direction of the Director of Food & Beverage
Operations, the Training Manager of Food & Beverage is responsible
for planning, organizing and directing all training activities for
the Department, including required training and specialized
training as specific to the Department and its respective venues.
The Training Manager is responsible for developing training
programs aimed to strengthen team members and managements existing
skills, and to teach new skills to elevate performance and support
professional growth. The Food & Beverage Training Manager is also
responsible for assessing, designing, developing, implementing, and
evaluating team member training programs, while championing the
goals and priorities of the Tribe in a manner that reflects and
upholds the Tribal Communitys vision, mission and values.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Serves as the F&B Service Ambassador for all job titles
and provides all Guest Service Training to F&B team members.
Creates and implements a formalized learning and training
curriculum to increase efficiency, effectiveness, and productivity
with an emphasis on exceptional customer service to include
facilitation of learning via classes, workshops, hands-on coaching,
mentoring, and coordination of peer training, including respective
administrative duties, (to ensure course attendance). Maintains an
ongoing development of general training instructions, checklists,
and visual aids. Maintains and updates individual and departmental
training records and files. Develops updates and maintains
individual and departmental electronic training records and files
as it relates to training attendance. Maintains all Food Handler
Card notifications and renewal dates, ensuring that both are kept
current for all Food & Beverage team members.
2. Plans, staffs, organizes, directs and controls all training
for the department, to include safety & loss prevention, and
chemical safety/hazards- pictograms. Helps ensure policy and
procedure compliance with continuous training for all Food &
Beverage Department team members. Conducts new team member
orientation for all new Food & Beverage Department employee hires.
This includes classroom training as well as following-up on a
regularly planned schedule to answer team member questions and
verify their job proficiency; this includes testing employees
(which could lead to further training or retraining of existing
3. Communicates regularly via written and verbal methods, with
Food & Beverage management for updates on current and pending
projects; this includes weekly written report documentation.
Occasionally, may be called upon to take on a supervisory role of
an F&B venue as required. Other special assignments may be
4. Maintains cutting-edge skills by attending seminars and
training sessions with regard to new training ideas or
philosophies, changes in the Food & Beverage Department or company
policy and procedures, and/or changes in the food &
beverage/hospitality industry. Collaborates with Human Resources to
ensure all training databases are maintained.
5. Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient
operation of the department.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
enterprises policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include
interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning
reviewing and directing work; evaluating and appraising
performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing
complaints and resolving problems.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Bachelors or Associates degree preferred.
- Minimum five (5) years training experience required.
- Minimum two (2) years supervisory experience required.
- Minimum four (4) years food service industry experience
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office required. (Word,
Excel, Access and PowerPoint).
- Must possess an understanding of food & beverage operations and
its relation to the organization as a whole.
- Must be able to deal effectively with customers in a courteous
and professional manner commanding positive results.
- Must be able to clearly communicate both verbally and in
writing in English; bi-lingual preferred.
- Must possess excellent leadership and mentoring skills.
- Must be self-motivated and confident.
- Equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant
and direct experience may be considered in lieu of minimum
educational/experience requirements indicated above.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission
you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- A qualified candidate/employee must have and maintain a valid
drivers license with an acceptable driving record as determined by
the enterprises insurance carrier.
- Must obtain and maintain a current Trainer Level, Serv Safe
- Must obtain and maintain a current TIPS Trainer
- Will be the F&B Compliance Officer for all company
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will
make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans
with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire,
San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of
its employees. Join our team today!