Company: San Manuel
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Construction Project Manager position is responsible for the
management of construction projects. Projects may include new
venues, minor or major remodels, office renovations and new
construction projects within and tributary to the Tribal & Casino
facilities. You will be responsible for planning, coordination and
control of the projects from inception to completion while also
implementing quality control programs. You must be adaptable to
change and have the capacity for a sizable workload. You will be
required to work with a sense of urgency and must work well under
pressure in a collaborative team environment. In addition, you will
ensure the project remains on schedule and concludes successfully
on time and on budget.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee construction projects from start to finish while
ensuring that construction activities move according to
predetermined schedules. Monitor the progress of the construction
activities on a regular basis and hold regular status meetings with
all sub-teams. Plan, organize and direct activities concerned with
the construction of structures, facilities and systems.
- Perform key role in project planning, budgeting and
identification of resources needed. This includes project
accounting functions including submitting budgets, strictly
managing the budget, tracking costs and minimizing exposure and
risk in the project.
- Ensure vendors are accurately performing their contracted
duties and construction projects. Evaluate construction methods and
determine cost-effectiveness of plans.
- Coordinate the efforts of all parties involved in the project,
which include the architects, consultants, contractors,
sub-contractors and laborers. Communicate effectively with
contractors responsible for completing various phases of the
- Perform periodic inspection of construction sites. Inspect and
review projects to monitor compliance and adherence with building
and safety codes, quality standards, and other regulations.
- Identify the elements of project design and construction likely
to give rise to disputes and claims.
- Serve as a key link with clients and review the deliverable
prepared by team.
- Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and
additions to contractual agreements with architects, suppliers and
- Take actions to deal with the results of delays, bad weather,
or emergencies at construction site. Investigate damage, accidents,
or delays at construction sites to ensure proper procedures are
being carried out.
- Assist in developing specifications for construction, repair
and modification projects for the purpose of providing them to
architects, contractors, specialists, construction management
firms, etc. for selection and awarding of contracts.
- Write Requests for Proposal and Requests for Quotes. Prepare
bid analyses when required and be able to objectively prepare
vendor recommendation action items for approval and
- Coordinate capital construction activities ensuring that all
phases of construction project are completed within specifications
and with minimal disruption to the Reservation or Casino.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the efficient
operation of the department.
- BS/BSCE Degree and/or license/registration in Architecture,
Development, Engineering or Construction Management preferred.
Associates Degree and/or license/registration in Architecture,
Development, Engineering or Construction Management required.
- A minimum of (3) years of experience as an Assistant Project
- Proficiency with reading project plans, specs, contracts,
purchase orders, change orders, etc.
- Good understanding of MEP building systems required.
- Thorough knowledge of legal issues and safety standards is
- Current knowledge of local, state and federal building and fire
- Some AutoCAD knowledge desirable.
- Technical level experience with Microsoft Professional Office
Tools such as MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point and Project
Management software experience such as MS Project.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission
you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- A qualified candidate/employee must have a valid drivers
license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the
companys insurance carrier.
- PE license, PMP certification, and/or California Contractors
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will
make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans
with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire,
San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of
its employees. Join our team today!
Keywords: San Manuel, Highland , Project Manager, Other , Highland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!